- According to the UN report, 1 million heroin addicts are registered in India, and as per an unofficial sources there are as many as 5 million.
- In Uttar Pradesh, Dubeand Handa; reported that 22.8 per 1000 were dependent on alcohol and drugs.
- 21.4 % children in 12-18years consume alcohol (IBN LIVE)
- 60 %increase in alcohol intake 19-26 years majority students (IBN LIVE)
- 5500 youths start taking tobacco everyday joining the 4 million club in INDIA of under 15 years ( Indian Pediatrics).
- India has the highest rates of suicide among people within the age 15 to 29. In 2013, 2,471 students committed suicide due to “failure in examination” and not able to cope with pressure. (Time of India)
- 2 of 10 boys in age 15 to 19 are addicted to alcohol. – 2012 survey by health and family welfare ministry
- Depression amongst Indian students has increased from 2 to 12% in last 5 years. www.asra.com